I wish that I could impart to you many words of wisdom; something that would inspire you but I don't. For some reason I feel compelled to share with you things over the past week. So, I think I will just let the spirit lead my thoughts as I tell you about LIFE!
#1... It has been tough to be a parent this week. On Sunday, Kauy and a friend of his in Bible class decided to destroy some pictures on the wall in class. It doesn't help that I am one of the 3 teachers in that room. I must say that he used his best writing AND wrote the word GOD(he was probably hoping that GOD would save his rear when he got caught). Kauy received a spanking immediately, one of the elders spoke with him (at my request) AND he paid $2.00 to our Children's minister to help his friend pay for new pictures (Color copies are NOT cheap). Of course he couldn't go anywhere Sun. so I was grounded. Then on Wed. night it was war zone at my house. He refused to stay in the bed. The only ME time I have is after they are in bed asleep. However, on Wed. night he refused with every ounce of his body to stay in his room. He took several spankings...I turned out all the lights, closed and locked my door, got into my bed (again) and that still (10 min.later)did not work. Back to his room and suddenly...."I love you mommy..goodnight" (Of course that was after 20 min or so of "You're the meanest mommy in the world". Makaley was upset...she had been sick and in bed all day and still needed more sleep...but he was destroying the whole "sleep" atmosphere!
BUT it has been a good week to be a parent. Last Sat. we spent the morning at our local amusement place. We played air hockey...spent money...and drove go carts. Makaley is working on a beautiful new piano piece and I am soooo impressed with her ability. Kauy has had only 2 marks this week; both on the same day and has recieved 3 stickers this week. The vitimans are a MUST!!! AND..last night........Both kids went to bed with not an arguement. They even cleaned their dishes off the table.
#2....It was a rough week being a teacher. We have had so many students out with whatever. Today I sent 2 to the nurse who have an injury of some kind and need to see a doctor, but the wait is about 2 - 3 hours. We are trying to give the 6 weeks test, but it will take 6 weeks for them to finish because they are here then gone then back again. At McMurry I have had several students out with the "bug" but have been good to call in for their work. One of my students had to leave quickly during class because his one year old was being admitted into the hospital. It is hard to have a job that the state/public/administrations look at grades and scores to decide if you are a good teacher. They don't take into account flu, RSV, death in the family, ear infections, divorce, broken arms or broken hearts. (OF course, they are invinsible! Give them my classroom for a week and I promise you......they would ask for 4 months off.) Oops..did I preach?
BUT it was a good week to be a teacher. The kids have worked so hard in my classroom this week. We HAD to go to an after school meeting that turned out to be a blessing (I will share with you at a later post). The class at McMurry is taking on a personality and I love it. The past two days the students in my room have been working on the 6 weeks test. So, I would like to leave you with two "funnies" from testing in my room. During one class, I heard much whispering. No one would fess up. Finally one of the girls said she was talking to another. When asked why she told me that she was telling girl B to quit sucking down snot to chew on before she swallowed. Next time...I will just have her sign the book for talking and not ask any further questions. Then in the other class one of my "tough" guys who doesn't do work because it would ruin his image looked like he was really working. I got up to tell him how proud I was of him only to find him writing a love note to his girlfriend. He feared I would read it out loud. Of course I proofread it (I teach that sort of thing) and glad I did. He wrote "Hey, babe wuz up...i am taking the bitchmark". I calmly walked to the board,wrote "benchmark", and turned around only to say "just incase you need to write to her tomorrow while you are still taking the "benchmark"". Love my job, love my life and I will stick to both of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! What a week! Your experience as a teacher only makes me so much more excited to being a middle school teacher in a couple years! I can't wait for the experience!
Ok, Katie and I need lessons on how to keep a straight face! I would have burst at the *b%^&hmark* thing.
Hang in there. Kauy is just doing his mommy testing. Makaley did it too, she is just a calmer child.
You forgot to mention that on Monday you got to change a poopy diaper, and that you had not had to do that in several years!!!!
Post a Comment