I am ususally a fairly good writer.......well at least some of you say so, (the "quiz" I took was NOT that nice.) I have had a wonderful weekend. Today this email came from a friend who teaches with me. She is the "Maxine"(minus the smoking) of my life. She will "tell it to you" without scrimping on the words. She has more....."guts" than some men. She often makes me blush, but I love her. It is my place to be planted in her life I am almost certain.(notice the word almost?) So, I would like to share with you the email she sent me today. You may have read this little funny. If not, you will have a few thoughts just like I did.
God is sitting in Heaven when a scientist says to Him, "Lord, we don't need You any more. Science has finally figured out a way to create life out of nothing. In other words, we can now do what You did in the beginning.
"Oh, is that so? Tell me..." replies God.
"Well, " says the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness of You and breathe life into it, thus creating man."
"Well, that's interesting. Show Me."
So the scientist bends down to the earth and starts to mold the soil.
"Oh no, no, no..." interrupts God,
[I love this]
"Get your own dirt."
You may or may not like that little "story", but I did. It hit me! There are times that I tell God I can do it by myself......and I even think..."just watch". Guess what...........I can't. Thank goodness He doesn't EVER tell me to go get my own dirt. After I wallow in the dirt of stupidity for a while, I find His hand that has been there the whole time. He was sitting there on the stump just waiting for me to reach over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great story.
He has never told me to get my own dirt, but he does subtly remind me, that I can not do it alone.
Post a Comment