Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU!!!

Tis Valentines' Day
In this quaint town,
And my kids went off to school
With their backpacks loaded down.

They will get love notes
Along with some candy to eat.
A few cards from family
Filled with thoughts so sweet.

But most of all
On this day for showing love
I will remind them
They are my Valentine Gift from above! (Yes, I write poetry)


I decided to ask some of my friends here at school what they were doing for their spouse for Valentine's Day. I have enjoyed the responses so much that I felt the urge to share them with you.
Females: "I am weighing in tomorrow. We will probably have cottage cheese and strawberries"
"We are going to drink strawberry margaritas and then see what happens"
"I get the night off. He is taking the girls to the dance."
"Am I supposed to do something for him tonight?"
"He sent red tulips in a box yesterday"

Males: "I am going to suprise her. Call her tomorrow and ask."(we are good friends)
"I sent her an email at work"
"Nothing. It's for her health. IF I did something she would die of a heart attack."
"I bought her new running shoes so she can stay in shape to take care of me."

So, what did you do today? OR...do you show your love daily?

4 comments:

Lolosblog said...

AAAAWWW. What cute poem. did your students write some too? When do we get to read those?

You didn't ask me about my Valentine.

He left roses for me this morning, one for valentine and one for our anniversary that was last week and he was out of town. (He may be away but he never forgets!)I got cards too!

Sarah said...

My Valentine made french toast for the whole fam! Big doin's!! I am making everyone's favorite dinner -- evidently at our house, "food" is our love language! :-) Then, I'm sitting through Sing Song and trying to stay awake!

Anne said...

I am a playful kisser too!

Is today Valentines?

Jessica said...

Our dog had puppies in my bedroom floor... so I shampooed the carpet... happy vday to me!