
Oh shoot, I forgot what I was going to say....
Right......Who Me?
Yes, today is my birthday. And Yes, I have a few things to say. And today will include another quote from a story we read in class...BUT FIRST...
Thanks Brandi for the lovely pictures. (I will not put the auto link there...If you want to see them.....find them!)
My favorite questions on my birthday:
1. How old are you? Well, the "golden years" are approaching too quickly and I have said that I would like to celebrate my 50th in Hawaii. So....Aloha see you on the beaches next summer!
2. How do you stay so young looking/acting? Duh.....I just do what my 7 and 10 year olds do. Cry, laugh, whine, eat junk foods often, play baseball, do nails, and drink lots of coffee and acai juice!
3. What are you doing for your birthday? laughing whining, eating, practicing baseball, getting nails done, drinking lots of coffee and acai juice. And applying for a new job. (no, seriously I did! Not leaving education....but a new
And #4. What does it feel like to turn 49? Well, glad you asked because I have a blurb from a story to answer that. We read this story the first week of school then read several of her other stories as we go along.
"What they don't understand about birthdays and what they never tell you is that when you're eleven, you're also ten, and nine, and eight, and seven, and six, and five, and four, and three, and two, and one. And when you wake up on your eleventh birthday you expect to feel eleven, but you don't. You open your eyes and everything's just like yesterday, only it's today. "
"The way you grow old is kind of like an onion...or like my little wooden dolls that fit one inside the other, each year inside the next one."
Yep....I am all of my years together. That is why I am not skinny. I have too many years on me. (I got a birthday card..thanks Ridgells... with a woman at the DR. and she has a huge butt. It says "There's been a mix up...You've been getting "butox" injections) Ha Ha. Well, today I am 49, 39, 29, 19, 9 and 1.
It's just that certain parts of my body have found new places to rest! My brain is still in its place, but just takes longer to tell the other organs.
Thanks for reading..............Thanks for loving me..........AND as you know....19 or 49
It's my life and I AM sticking to it. No doubt.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to you my dear sweet cousin. I hope you have a very very happy one (even if you will be spending it at baseball practice!).
And to everyone else - if you want to see the pictures she referred to, she has me linked in her side bar!!!!!
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're hitting 50 first....
Happy Birthday to you via Lolo's website! I celebrated my 60th this year and love what you say about being larger because we encompass all those years. Yes ma'am - I have about as much of the irritating 13 year old as the exhausted 31 year old and the amazed 60 year old! God bless you and continue to give you life, love and laughter.
Happy Happy Happy Birthday!
I love ya girl!!
My Poppa Max would have been 91 today -- and gotten the biggest kick out of you!! Happy birthday. So THAT'S why our butts get bigger as we age -- it's a cumulative butt. Now I get it...
Tell us (okay, just tell me) about the potential new job! Can't wait to hear -- and you still don't know MY news...
i've read that book!!!
and i'm sorry i didn't show up this morning with your birthday starbucks. i had to be at work at the butt crack of dawn. it was so. not. cool.
love ya!
Post a Comment