And so it goes. When something big, like having a birthday, goes on in your life, there is a reaction of some kind. Don't you love it!
Life was moving right along on Saturday. There was a forecast of cooler but not much wind. Hello..who are you fooling? We live in Texas. I guess "fairly calm winds" means anything under 40 mph winds. So, I was dressed in layers for the baseball game we would be attending. No stands to sit in, just my chair that blew over IF you stood up. Pictures were being made early(the wind blows early too) so I left Kauy there and headed to the store for snacks and Makaley some breakfast at McDonald's. I ordered (inside since the line went into the mall parking lot probably because everyone else was going to the ballgames and didn't want any more wind) and the sweet YOUNG lady proceeded to repeat my order. "That is one order of pancakes with sausage, an Egg McMuffin, a glass of water and a senior coffee." Did you read that correctly? Did I hear that correctly? A what? A senior coffee? Excuse me..this is my daughter not my granddaughter! Neither of us is a senior of anything yet! It took me a moment to be offended, a moment to realize a "senior coffee" is much cheaper, and then decided that growing old does have its benefits. I said "Yes, that is correct".
So, yesterday on the way to church, we ran by McDonald's to get breakfast. My order..."I would like an order of pancakes with sausage, water and a SENIOR coffee!" No one argued; we were all happy, and I was NOT offended. Yep....like a bottle of fine wine, I will age with style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
*snort*
i really am rubbing off on you...
If receiving the AARP sign up info is any indication, I should be receiving a senior coffee too! And I am a grandma!
You know Trina, they are starting this new "adopt a senior" program at church. I can get you a registration form if you need one!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
PS - You don't look a day over 30!
I am offended FOR you! That's just craziness...
Post a Comment