Driving down the road. Calm discussion going on in the back seat about going to the Principal's office.
Makaley: "It is probably really scary."
Kauy: "It's not that scary in the Principal's office. That little boxing thingy hanging down in your throat tingles and you have to swallow a lot."
Glad to hear that definition since I had just experienced that tingly feeling on the little boxing thingy hanging down just a few minutes before. We did something as a family that I haven't done since before Kelly died. We watched a video with him in it. Yes, you are reading correctly. I had not seen Kelly on video since his accident. I tried not to cry. Makaley, was watching to see if I did.
So, why the wait? I don't really know. Fear, hurt, anger, loneliness, and more hurt. It was interesting to say the least. As I watched I saw children(10 and younger) who are now grown and some married. I saw friends who were expecting that now have teenage drivers. I saw some that had more coverage up top, and less coverage around the mid section. (ask Makaley about Uncle Timmy's hair! and Kauy about Grandad!) But I guess the most obvious was the number of people I saw in that video who have (as Makaley puts it) gone to Live with God. Yes, Susan, I saw Ruby (now 93) and Becky(my other mom who is now my other guardian angel). My grandparents on my father's side. Kelly's great-aunt and his grandmother. And the obvious............Kelly. What a handsome man.
It was moments later that I was standing at the front of the congregation singing at HIP. It was the "grey" teams turn. We are from college age to 50 yrs. on that team. And we sang two songs. Two songs that I want to give to you (partially).
"Had it Not Been The Lord who was on our side.
Had it not been the Lord who was on our side.
The anger of the enemy would have swallowed us alive,
Had it not been the Lord who was on our side.
Blessed be the Lord, who would NOT give us up.
Blessed be the Lord, for His unfailing Love.
The snare is broken and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord.
Blessed be the Lord.
Had it not been the Lord who was on our side.
Had it not been the Lord who was on our side.
The waters would have engulfed us.
We would have surely died.
Had it not been the Lord who was on our side."
Blessed be the Lord who would not give us up.(repeat chorus)
And then we sang:
How can I Keep From Singing which has the following:
"And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs you give.
How can from singing you praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is you love
How can keep from shouting your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing."
And I smiled and I sang. Sang at the top of my lungs with the little boxing thingy hanging down with that tingling feeling again.
You see.....this is my life....I will stick to it because HE sticks to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
As that little boxing thingy tingles in the back of my throat becasue I fight back the tears, I say to you (hopefully to make you laugh) enjoy the praise team now, Mattie May if vying for your spot!!!!
Love you and I am so happy I am stuck in your life with you!
me too!
I just wanna tell ya that I love ya, dearly!!
I loved singing with you that night! Your faith story builds up my faith, sista!
Post a Comment