For those of you who have girls only....you are really missing life(at its dirtiest) unless you have one of those girls who just thinks life is sugar and spice with some puppy dog tales added in.
This weekend was just too fun having a boy and a girl.
Makaley spent the night with a wonderful family. This was her first time in a long while to stay away from me. I was very confident that she would be in good hands EVEN IF she had a "mommy moment"(which she did). I picked her up at 9AM for a 9:30 piano recital practice then dropped her at the ball field with my dad and Tony.
Next stop.....my mom's 50th college reunion. Well duh, if I'm 49, mom HAD to have been in college that long ago. I really enjoyed the food. I enjoyed being with my mom and the Cokers. The part I enjoyed the most was when the lady across the table dropped her jaw when she found out that I was almost 50. She commented that she thought I was about 30'ish. Oh my. Senior coffee one weekend, and I am THAT YOUNG the next. So I have decided that I will use my age "as needed". Kind of like medicine.
It is in the car that I can't decided which age I want to be? Young and funny (laughing hysterically) or older and working on not hearing the backseat conversation.
I picked up my precious children and headed to the SONIC happy hour for a Diet Vanilla Coke. In the process, I hear:
Makaley: Kauy, you stink.
Kauy: I do not.
M: yes you do.
K: Hey, I am a boy. I am supposed to stink. I played a ball game and am sweaty. (like he ran 3 home runs and ran for the balls flying through the air. Ha Ha)
M. But you smell like poop.
K: I cut the cheese
M. The cheese is still in the britches! Sit on it. I can't take the smell.
Mom: Okay, but whatever you cut, you left streaks I am certain.
Upon arriving at home, Kauy runs into the bathroom. I soon hear that word: "MOM!"
I head down the hallway only to run into a half dressed child. With that big boy grin he says, "you wanna see what those streak marks were holding back?"
I am still laughing! Hysterically! It is a boy thing.!!!!
As for the piano recital. I was VERY proud of my daughter. She did a great job. Once again a flawless performance. What an angel. And oh she smelled like a rose!
So is life....sometimes it stinks.........sometimes it smells like a rose. No matter the smell....it's my life (streaks and all) and I will continue to stick to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i love love love it!
tee hee i love your children.
I got to raise one of those girls that had puppy dog tails thrown in, but the G-daughter, a little princess. Girly girl all the way.
I have smelled Kauy after ball games! Yep, he stinks.
I am so sorry I missed Makaley's recital. It is the first one I have missed, but I am sure her mother has it recorded for me!!!! Of course, last Sunday, Kauy was "singing" her piece to me and was very well done!!!!
Recording? ha. My photo is even pitiful. Guess I need a lesson in photography from Brandy Mixon School of Photography. I went into panic mode since you were not there.
Ok, you have known me how long?????? What is my name??????
Brandi...............I think I need a drink! Maybe a brandy will do. A case of fingers before the brain.
Boy, do I know that smell!! And as they get older, their entire room smells. I open Luke's door and it hits me in the face. But the great thing is, I can always smell him coming!! God bless Kauy!! He is a little Luke....
Brandi, she must have been talking to me when she spelled your name wrong ;-)
hey lou, your kids are the stars of Biddy's world today :-)
Post a Comment