Ain't blogging great! I get to tell other people all about my life. Hey, you clicked on my blog spot so you are either curious about me, know me, or are just bored. Then, you can click off after this sentence or continue to listen to me..........and I won't know your choice. My feelings have not a clue to be hurt IF you don't read, or IF you do read and don't leave a comment. So...I get to express my feelings and go on with life. I love to talk, and I hate to be interrupted so this is wonderful. With that said...................here is a clip of my life.
Don't you love it when you are on a natural high? Here are just a few.
Falling in love; Laughing so hard your face hurts and tears roll. A hot shower. No lines at the supermarket. A special glance. Hearing your favorite song on the radio. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter. Road trips with friends.
Your first kiss.
I guess you might say that I maintained a natural high this past weekend, AND as the mother of these two children...............I own all bragging rights.
Saturday morning we attended our first Tae Kwan Do (sp) testing for a belt. I watched my son and thought for a moment that I might need to go pick up some yellow fabric at Wal Mart and make him the coveted "yellow belt". Makaley and I sat with one eye open and the other closed. We decided that we just can't take the pressure! And then........we watched him break a board. Yep! I was afraid that they would ask him to use his head to do it. Nope, he tried his hand, but no success. Finally he did break one with his foot and his eyes did shine. There was hope that IF he didn't get the yellow belt, we had seen some success today and life would be fine. Did it matter that he was second lowest scorer? NOPE........We came home with a yellow belt, AND I discovered that he CAN sit still when asked to.
That afternoon, we went to see "Wharton Hears A Who" with Tony, Brandi, Katie, Mattie May and Nikki. Afterwards we took our $20.00 worth of tokens (remember the basket I bid on and won at the carnival) and played at the arcade. You know, we had a great time. Fun, Family and "Free" tokens for "free" junk! Can't beat it.
On Sunday, Makaley and I attended her awards ceremony for LTC (Leadership Training Conference) that we attended Easter Weekend. I was sooooo very proud of my little girl. She was on a team that received a gold medal. She also received an individual Gold for her Bible knowledge (thanks Hysti). She also completed other activities such as bulletin boards, teaching, drama, chorus and was the only one to do a power point. She did great and got medals in all events. AFTER, the ceremony, she and I attended a "Tea Party" for 2nd - 4th graders. We sat with one of her friends. Both girls wore hats, gloves and shawls. We drank tea from beautiful cups, learned to make "bonnet" cookies and learned the art of folding napkins. The ladies at church decorated beautifully.
The evening ended with Tony and me going grocery shopping at Wal Mart. He took his basket, I took mine. We met on a few aisles (you know...the high of "the glance"). We tried to not have the highest bill (he won) and then we gathered children so we could sit around and laugh with each other.
This IS my life on a natural high and I AM sticking to it! God is good all the time. All the time...God is good. Find you a natural high!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Makaley - congratulations on all your 'winnings'. I never doubted that you wouldn't do your best and I am so proud of you.
Kauy - You broke a board and not with your head? I am so very impressed. Congratulations on receiving your yellow belt. You can come 'protect' me whenever Frank is out of town.
Trina - in reverence to the second lowest score - you know what they call a medical student that graduates at the very bottom of his class?
Doctor!
Passing is always wonderful, we don't always have to be on top!!!
Love you all!
Post a Comment