Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just in case your wondering...

We survived the minor surgery. We were so blessed to have THE BEST! By that I mean...Dr. Goodnight is great. He came by at least 3 times after surgery AND he sent us the tonsils so we could see the true size. Let me say that I will never look at raw meatballs the same. Heavens...how had my precious child been breathing? Eating? Talking? They were HUGE. We also had a great anesthesiologist...Shawn from church, who called to check on Makaley that evening. AND..We were under the care of nurse Tracye (from church) and Johnnie Sue (whose daughter married a guy from church!) Wow those women are great. They can handle one child who doesn't "detox" well, her mother, aunt and grandmother all at one time. Then of course...we were lifted up in prayer by everyone who could not be there. Makaley is doing great. She is so proud of herself. We all just laugh. IF we could have recorded her beginning to end she would die of embarrassment. She did great until they called us back. Then she lost all color! Man does she have freckles! They gave her some "good drugs" when she started crying...after putting on the pretty gown and hat! Not long after that she said "Mom, you have 2 mouths and 2 tongues". Now if you know me..........that is pretty dog-gone scary!!! Just the thought...just the image...I was glad they rolled her out.
When she came to, she sounded like one of the bulls in the pasture letting us know that he is angry cause the heifers are not with them. Bless her heart...she wailed and tried to get out of bed. I tried to leave the room, but Aunt Traci (who had it under control) said "She is your daughter...you have to stay." What am I going to do in 12 plus years when she is in Labor and delivery. This was the first for our family. The first time I have seen my baby like this. I was a basket case. When Johnnie Sue gave her the first installment of pain killer, she promptly ejected that and several other things. Then..........as always, she calmed down and went to sleep. She was talking pretty soon there after. Kauy was so impressed that she got to ride out in a wheelchair. But...he is NOT having his tonsils out according to him. He can just ride in BB's wheelchair that she keeps around.
We have pretty much been at home alone. Makaley is staying at Mom and Dad's because she doesn't want to wake up early. She is eating Lasagna! I knew she was bored or sick when she asked me if she could go shopping with me AND even promised to try on any clothes we found. If you know Makaley....that is a not a favorite ! I am sure it is a side effect of the medication. And yes, I took advantage of it. However.........the side effects are wearing off. She is back to piling clothes on the floor and refusing to wash her hair. Hmmmmmmm I think I want my money back on the prescription! But they can keep the tonsils!

1 comment:

Lolosblog said...

Whhhhaaaatttt???? Makaley sounds like a normal kid. Clothes on the floor, not wanting to try anything on! I thought she was different from that!

Gotta love your kids!!!!!! They keep me in stitches!