FYI..this is post number 101 and all is well. This blog spot did not self destruct because I did not do the 100 things about me!!! So you can wait with baited breath (which is probably like my morning breath) for that post to come out.
And so...Day 3 of the staycation begins. Just to get the excitement out of the air......Makaley is fine, but will not be visiting the hospital today. She is however as talked about as her brother's trip to the MRI! I also failed to mention that after her little excitement, I walked her down to the car, loved on her some more, then headed back up to the room. Got into the elevator and pushed the button. Nothing happened. I pushed again. Nothing happened. Pushed several more times and the only thing that happened was my blood pressure rose, sweat began to form, and I could feel the panic in my chest. I have been trapped in an elevator before and was in for a repeat performance. I am reading all buttons ready to push the emergency button when I thought to myself , "hmmm....let's see if I push for another floor what would happen. Ha Ha Ha I pushed 3 and the elevator moved, opened, and there I was on the correct floor. You see....when you are on floor 2 and you push for the elevator to go to floor 2, it just sits there.
Day 3 was a day Rob said would be needle free..."unless Dr. Cook felt differently.At this point I was willing to start paying cash for these people to NOT mention the word needle. It was a day of visitors. Of course when you have visitors. you do have to show off. Boy did he. He quickly learned to yank the cord from the plug, wrap it around "leg" and take off. He knows more about that machine than I do because he knows that IF it is plugged in all night, it has more battery power and he can get moving. He went for a walk to territories we really weren't supposed to travel to. He walked down to the movie room to get movies, and he took a stroll with Dr. Rob. and even danced for him. Rob looked at me and said something to the effect of: "That's Church of Christ for you...can't have instruments, but can dance like crazy". Then he tells me, "Well, I didn't want to tell you this on Monday when all this started, but I am leaving the country in the morning." He smiled that "don't kill me smile". I really wanted to say "Fine, hope it is an overnight type trip." but when he said he was going with a mission group from here to medical missions, I didn't make my comment about a Baptist looking for a good Church of Christ in town. I won't tell you where he was going but he said something about reminding his daughter not to stray far from the area because of lions. Ha Ha!!
Megan came in after that and told Kauy that she had a 16 year old who wanted to play the Wii with her friends later on. My precious son said..."She can have it tonight....I will have it every other night till Monday." What a doll.
As the evening wore on, It was decided that Aunt Traci would stay the night. She crawled up in bed with him to work on his new DS game. At one point she would not give it back which is the wrong thing to do to a 7-year old who is ready to go home. He calmly said to her, "You working on that contraption or giving birth?" Hello? is that from a movie or is her really that full of it?
I think that he has decided that this is his life, and he will just stick with it. Now we just wait for the culture to do or not to do its thing. We are already off the pain meds so things are looking up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Stuck in an elevator on the wrong floor...Hum...Sure would like to have seen the first responders expressions if you would have pushed that panic button instead of #3. My solution - I think you should go with some blonder highlights next time your at the salon!!!!!!
that is just wrong!!!! And to say it when we are sitting here in the hospital. For shame!
Post a Comment