I have kept my plans under lock and key. I have learned that all plans are subject to change. Today we pulled out of town and headed to the big 'D'. We (mom, dad, Aunt T., me and the kids) decided to go see some sites in Dallas. We didn't leave until after 1PM because we...well, we just took our time. We were in the car no more than 15 seconds and we had the first cat/dog fight. She hit me; he breathed on me.......and they were not even in the same row of seats.
We made it to Eastland and decided we needed a coke and some lunch. Dad decided to sit in the 2nd row of seats with Mom and Makaley. We have found the way to keep that man entertained. Drive as we please, do as we please........just let him hold and play with the GPS. He was too funny. You know, it is a gadget. A luxury. And we trusted it to give us directions to locations we didn't know existed. As we were listening to "minerva" (she gets on the uncle's nerves) or Audry (she is audible) I was listening to the amazement in voices of others as they watched the screen, and listened to her get us out of a wrong turn. She even told Aunt T that she was going a little too fast ("caution"). It just made me think that we will sit there and let a computer type machine run our life whether it be for a day, a few days, or whatever length of time. However, we have a hard time sitting there and just letting God do the driving. The very one who knew us in our mother's womb, we don't trust to get us from one point in life to the other. Is it because the GPS talks to us? Is it because it shows us pictures ahead of time so that we get on a wrong road? That is not faith. Faith is believing in that which can not be seen. So..........maybe GPS should be turned over to God. God's Positioning System. He puts us where we need to be...when we need to be there. He created the heavens so that 'Minerva" can tell us what to do!!!
Oh, and by the way............... We went to the Mint to watch the making of new money. I saw enough money to buy family and friends a GPS and a new car to put it in. The kids were amazed and hung on every word. The guide showed the kids how to tell if the bill was printed here. Of course Kauy had to get a bill out of my purse. After examining it, he determined it was from here so in his happy little voice he just yelled out: "Welcome back home little guy!" When we were younger (loved that adj.) our family visited the Mint in Washington. This was far better. Put it on your must visit list! It is free....well until you get to the gift shop. ha ha
I am not telling our plans for tomorrow. That will be a surprise to us all. We will use our GPS but are thankful that God has given us this time to be together.....all of us well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to get my GPS! I hope I get it before Christmas, because I have plans you don't know about either!!! Have fun and see ya'll when you get home!
Hope you are having a good time since I had NO IDEA you were gone! Is that any way to treat the girl who slept on those hospital 'chair/bed thingies' for you?
Post a Comment