Monday, July 28, 2008

Update for now

We went in to have blood drawn this morning. Are you sitting down? We put on this cream a friend recommended for days when he has to "have a stick". So..we did that an hour before. He sits down, puts out the arm, makes the fist and says in about 45 seconds "Have you got the spot ready to stick?" and the precious girl says..."We are done." And we were. It was great! Hello....no tears and 2 tubes of blood. He stood up and off we went. Only tear shed was when I told him NO when he asked for a reward. Told him that cream was his reward.
So, the doctor just called.............his sed. rate dropped from a 33 to a 14. We are all jumping for joy. The Doctor was extremely pleased with this week's results. We will have about 3 or 4 more weeks on the meds. and not another stick for hopefully 2 weeks. We go to see Dr. Rob on Fri. afternoon. Rumor has it, he has returned from Africa!
Now....I ask you to do me a couple of favors.
#1 ...Continue to pray that Kauy will heal completely.
#2....Pray for my Aunt. She was in the emergency room this past weekend and should have been admitted..(long story) but pray for her...her daughter...my mom...and my grandmother.
#3....Pray for "the man" because he is doing the "patch" thing. He called to tell me that he had to use electricians tape to keep the patch on his arm because the sweat was causing it to slide down. He really wants to beat this thing and it will save him a bunch of money! And may I say on a personal note.....it was one of those "I would never date anyone who....." comments that came out of my mouth more than once. One more lesson in how NOT to tell God how to run your life! There are many reasons God has put each of us in the other one's life. We laugh about it regularly.
#4... Pray for me that I will become motivated to shed this weight that I have gained since my surgery. I am not happy with the way I look weight wise, but I can't find the umph to get my rump in gear.
More later.........including my newest discovery for the shower and possibly my "stolen" identity at the video store and new photos from vacation! But don't hold your breath!
Notice that I have added Christye to my list on the right.

1 comment:

Biddy said...

i'm still not special enough to be put on your blogroll. i see how you are! this is no way to treat your therapist!

:-)

i will be praying for tony and tiger (frosted flakes anyone?) and you and well, the whole clan...