Have you been wondering? Let me tell you......Yes he swallowed the pills. He also got up Sat. morning and took 2 then rolled over and finished his rest. He really never knew when the Dr. came in and twisted him all around. I told him about the small limp I had observed, so he came back at lunch to watch the action. We were given the "get out of Jail free" card and got on our way! I must say that not many people leave a hospital with mixed emotions, but we did. We made some great friends. They even tried to keep us there.
With the help of Mom, Makaley and Traci, we loaded up the car. Kauy hugged "Ms. UT" (the nurse that shared his love for University of Texas and Nascar) and he hugged Kara (the one he always "left a surprise" for in the bathroom ) and headed to the car. It was wonderful to get home, but home was a mess, reality of my cooking, cleaning and laundry doings came to my mind, and I wondered if there was still time to sneak back into the room and stay for another week. However, today was to be Makaley Day. We left Kauy with Aunt Traci and took off to get "things". First stop was for my new glasses. Next stop was Wal-Mart for the necessities for camp and things like bread and milk. Makaley and I spent about 3 hours together and headed to the house. Anne was there. That Anne, she is just always showing up and brightening our day. Upon entering the house I realized that Anne had been there for a reason. She and Traci had been cleaning my house. Unloaded all the "stuff" from the hospital, swept, mopped, and were working on the living room. There are just NO words to explain how I felt. Blown away, humbled, loved, blessed, and cleaner! Hysti soon arrived with her egg salad sandwiches and we ate. I am selfish where those egg salad sandwiches are concerned, but I would have gladly starved and given all to Anne and Traci.
The evening has been rolling. Pills are going down. I am tried, but excited to have company. Anne left, Tim and Tony arrived, the regular....."this is my house....make it yours" type day. Kauy takes his first pill for the evening...No problem. Let's go for the second and Hello baby! The first one was not all the way down the throat when he popped the second, and so awakens the gag reflex. Traci follows him down the hall because my hands were occupied with another problem like getting the second pill that never was swallowed OUT of the bottle of water to see if I could save it! Isn't there a ten second rule for Pills in water? Anyway, poor Traci is in the bathroom and trapped when Mount ST. Kauy explodes. Hmmmmm wagon wheel noodles started rolling. It was not a pretty site. And there among the pile was the green pill. So now, no pills live inside his body. Even after it was out, he threw up again and since the pill had started to dissolve some, he had that terrible taste in his mouth and throat. Threw him into the shower, put in a call to the doctor (you know they only get their calls on the hour so I had 10 min. to spare), and headed to help Aunt Traci who was ankle deep (that ain't much since she is shorter than I am) in trying to clean it up. Bless her heart...she doesn't do puke! Makaley chooses that moment to start asking me about running to the store to get the camera...you know.. "Can I ...?" "Why can't I..." "When...?". I was loosing it and just about to let loose when I stepped onto the bath rug that had NOT been puked on, and it was soaking wet. Upon further inspection, I realized I had water coming from somewhere other than a shower, so I called out for Tony. "Well, babe....you have clogged lines in the air conditioner." Needless to say..............That was the final straw! (I thought) I started with the tears, he started with the loving statement "Lucky for you, that's my speciality. I do that for a living." I turn around and discover that my daughter still has not started packing and she begins with the "When are you going to sew my bag?" "Can I help you?" And she is still not packed....I guess my eyes said it all and the next thing I know, Uncle Timmy as quick as a cricket grabs the packing list and just starts working her into folding and packing.
By midnight the leaking is over, the bag is made, the camera problem solved, pills in the tummy of a clean sleepy boy, camping gear stacked ready to go, goodnight kisses exchanged, and all is right with the little house in the big city.
We are home again....we are improving....we are loved....and we are guarded by God for one more day. It is my life and I stick to it even when I would like to hide. Thanks for joining me these past few day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I know those eyes!! Sorry I was out of town and couldn't help. Well... sorry for you, not for me! I do know those eyes!!!!
Post a Comment